Wednesday, July 05, 2017

{Spotlight Project} Shirley Selects a Rose


I've needed a couple of sympathy cards lately, so my stash has become depleted. I thought I'd select one focus stamp, Sketched: Rose, to create a few quick and easy cards to replenish my stash. The layout for the cards is pretty much the same - one large-image stamp, a coloured background panel and a stamped sentiment (in the first two).



I smooshed Milled Lavender and Tattered Rose onto an acrylic pad, spritzed it then stamped it onto a piece of mixed media card. Once it had dried I stamped the rose using my MISTI - I find it essential when using mixed media card. I coloured the rose with the same Distress Inks, then added a shadow with Tombow marker pens.

The colour block anchors the image and the sentiment, drawing the eye into the centre of the card. The sentiment is from Blossom Overture.


This second card uses a text stamp from Mixed Media Elements, stamped in Peeled Paint Distress Ink. The sentiment is tucked under the text, and the flower (which was stamped on spare card and fussy cut) is leaning slightly towards the centre.


For this final card I stamped the flower image, then inked a small acrylic block with Worn Lipstick and stamped it over the flower, a slightly larger block with Crushed Olive and stamped it offset over the centre part of the stem and leaves, then the same block with Bundled Sage and Pine Needles. This one just has the sentiment inside.


If you try out any of the techniques from our Spotlight posts, link up your project up at our Spotlight Project Showcase.

12 comments:

  1. Wonderful sympathy cards and that is such a pretty rose too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your beautiful rose. Great sympathy cards, tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are perfect for sympathy cards, I always find them hard to do

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards...just beautiful!! Sure to bring some warmth to the recipient!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super inspiration and your three cards are so elegant and perfect as sympathy cards x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous quick ideas. Thanks Shirley. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the tranquility of these cards - so perfect:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, these cards are gorgeous, such beautiful backgrounds complimenting this flower stamp.

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)